When I was a kid I went to Niagara Falls a couple times with my family for vacations.
Once there we would go to seafood restaurants and play mini-golf after, but also, at some point, we’d visit the haunted house, the wax museum, the torture museum and even the “Ripley’s Believe it or Not” museum.
If I remember correctly I think there was even a Houdini museum.
Yeah, we saw the falls, too, and went on that boat wearing hooded orange ponchos like everybody else, but all those weird, haunted, elaborate attractions definitely left an impression on me.
Nowadays, if I wanted to, I could take a page from Niagara Falls’ book and make my own house into a haunted one and you can, too, because some of the same gimmicks I saw at the Falls as a child are now for sale on Amazon!
Here are 13 examples you can go check out for yourself to decorate your home this Hallow’s Eve.
The Haunted Mirror
Check out this Motion Activated Haunted Mirror on Amazon.
1. Motion Activated Haunted Mirror with Creepy Sound/Luminous Portrait Halloween Prop Decoration
Nothing could freak you out more than staring into a haunted mirror waiting for an animated image to scare you pants off! Stuff like this frightened me as a kid and made me question what’s real and what isn’t!?
$18.99 on Amazon!
Bringer of Death
The Grim Reaper is the bringer of death.
2. Prextex 5 Ft. Animated Hanging Grim Reaper Skull with Shackles Chains Best Halloween Decoration Prop
The porch to your house will just be barren without a Grim Reaper there. It has a skull with blinking red eyes to freak out trick or treaters. It’s 5 foot tall, makes, scary sounds and the hands shake.
$25.99 on Amazon!
You are going to need lots of lit up attractions in order to make your house look really cool.
3. 2017 Night Creatures Halloween Red Blinking Eyes Scary Decorations Outside Lights Props Animatronics
Buy these blinking eyes to light up your walls, the front porch or your garage. They look like a bunch of creepy creatures in the woods just waiting to pounce!
4. 7 Pack – 9ft Neon Glow Light El / Electroluminescent Wire Variety Color (Blue/Red/Green/White/Yellow/Orange/Purple) – 3 Mode Battery Controller – Party Decoration Wedding Halloween Music Festival
Everyone needs some glowing light strings. Click here to see examples of how people outline their Halloween masks with this stuff for a cool effect!
$28.99 on Amazon!
Digital effects and projections are all the rage and here are a few you should check out to scare or “annoy” your neighbors. Take your pick!
5. AtmosFearFx Witching Hour Halloween DVD Projector Kit with 1900 Lumen LED Video Projector, Reaper Brothers High Resolution Window Rear Projection Screen and AtmosFearFX Witching Hour DVD
If you don’t own a projector or screen you can order this full package deal to really go over the top this Halloween!
$249.99 on Amazon!
6. AtmosFEARfx Phantasms Digital Decoration
You can play these scary DVDs on your flat screen TV continuously if you don’t have a projector.
$39.99 on Amazon!
7. AtmosFEARfx Ghostly Apparitions Digital Decorations
You could have the projection screen hanging from two trees in your yard or just hang it right in front of a window, like in your attic, pointing out onto the street to make it look like it’s haunted up there with a real live ghost!
$39.99 on Amazon!
3D, baby! Yeah!
Get creepy in 3D this year and really wow the kiddies who come to check out your haunted house for tricks or treats.
8. AtmosFX 3DFX Form
You aim the projector onto a “human-shaped inflatable vinyl form,” standing over 5 ft tall, to make this attraction creepy as hell!
There’s also sound so you can really present something unique that everyone in your neighborhood will be talking about for days.
$59.99 on Amazon!
A Window Wonderland for Hallow’s Eve, Thanksgiving and X-mas!
If you want to be ready for Christmas after your Halloween fun is over, then check out these projection devices.
9. New 2017 Star Shower Window Wonderland by BulbHead Includes 12 Original Movies for Christmas (6) and Halloween (6) (1 Pack)
You just plaster the screen against the window of your choice, aim the projector at it and now you got movies for people to see from the street for both Halloween and Christmas!
$59.99 on Amazon!
10. New 2017 Slide Show by BulbHead – Includes 12 Full Color Slides for Christmas (6), Halloween (2), Other Holiday/Celebrations (4)
$39.99 on Amazon!
Props and Decorations
If you need something simple and not complicated try these wall, window and yard decorations.
11. Amscan Halloween Trick or Treat Asylum Party Scene Setters Mega Value Wall Decorating Kit (Pack of 32), Multicolor, 65″ x 32 1/2″
People can see them from your windows or inside on your walls. They won’t be like CGI. More like how they used to do it in the olden days for those 50 and 60s movies. Think a big painted backdrop for the background. You know what I mean, scary bean!
$9.45 on Amazon!
12. Smartcoco Broken Finger Hand Foot Scary Bloody Broken Body Parts Halloween Prank Props Decorations
Nothing is creepier than having body parts lying around your living room or “panic” room this season.
$3.49 on Amazon!
13. Prextex Pack of 4 Halloween Décor 22” RIP Graveyard Lightweight Foam Tombstone Halloween Decorations RIP
Rest in peace this year with your very own graveyard in your yard! It’s a simple, cheap, yet effective way to decorate.
$24.99 on Amazon!
Celebrate Halloween in style!
Whatever you do this Halloween makes sure it freaks you out, but be safe. Halloween is fun for the whole family and with some of these gadgets and props your “homemade” haunted house will look amazing!