Winner of awards in journalism, playwriting, screenwriting, short stories and poetry:
• 1st Place winner of a poetry contest sponsored by The North Carolina Poetry Society. Published in regional publications, The Asheville Poetry Review and The Lyricist.
• Won “Article of the Month” in the Whole Foods Market National Employee newsletter.
• Received 2000 hits and $150 from an online article company for a humor/satire article written about being rejected for a poem submitted to a Robert Downey Jr. fanatical fan website.
• Semi-finalist in the Moondance Film Festival’s short screenplay competition.
• Finalist in the American College Theater Festival for their Ten-Minute Play Competition. It was elected for ten-minute play production by a regional director and actors and performed at the ACTF Festival in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
• 2000 – One of two students picked to represent Naropa University and entered into a nationwide short story contest for MFA students held by Harcourt Brace Best New Voices in American Fiction contest for the short story “Amid Midtown.”
• Published multiple times in the Catawba College literary magazine, The Arrowhead. Awarded Best Prose in 1996 by Catawba College English Department Faculty for Publication The Arrowhead.
• Attended The Summer Literary Seminar in St. Petersburg, Russia for two weeks learning about fiction from New York Times Best Selling authors Ron Carlson, Dagoberto Gilb, Colum McCann.
• Attended Western State University “Writing the Rockies” Summer Writing Program 2017 to learn about Screenwriting from JS Mayank, Mike Reiss and Trai Cartwright.